Wednesday, June 29, 2011

On Crutches and Finishing Medusa

Well I overdid it again. Today I helped with yardwork and managed to pull the plantar thingy again in my foot, just stepping down off a stone wall out front of the house. I was in agony and had to retreat to the shady porch and it has not gotten better this afternoon. So, out came the crutches and I am doing my Tiny Tim impression. I plan to hobble to the gallery/studio tomorrow and try finishing up either Medusa or the cover illustration for a childrens book, that I started in Massachusetts at the IMC. Anyone who knows me, knows that I always sign my art before it is finished. Especially if it is a piece that will take a long time to do. I learned years ago, that my OCD personality makes me finish something that has my signature on it. I used to start paintings, put them in a corner when a new idea came along and then they got forgotten. At one time I had stacks of canvases in a corner, waiting to be finished. I am always thinking of new things to paint, I just don't have enough time to do them all. There are other things I do which keep me on track with my art career. I have a prioritized to do list. I actually number my to do list and complete them in order if at all possible. Anytime I do something out of order, instead of just scratching it off the list.....I have the compulsion to redo the entire list.....It Must Be Neat. Like I said.....OCD. Hey, I even recycle paper towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment