Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving Day

I am thankful for the staff at Loving Arms Rest Home. The girls are very gentle and caring.   Mom was doing pretty good on Thanksgiving Day, very lucid and aware that her only visitors are my husband and I. She repeatedly asked me if anyone was coming to see her. She does this during most of our visits.  It is a shame that we have become a society who has forgotten the folks who raised us and gave us everything they possibly could so that our lives would be better than their own.  Dinner was restaurant style that day, very nice and we were served at our table by the staff. The food is prepared by a real full time chef and is as good as Cracker Barrel.  It was very un-crowded, and very few of the residents had guests to eat with them.  One nice lady, Pauline, asked if she could join us and Hang Out, because she was lonely.  Another resident, Justine, is French and I try to speak a bit of French I have learned....she really likes when I speak to her in French.  All in all, Thanksgiving was nice and I know mom appreciated being with us on her second favorite holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment