Sunday, February 8, 2015

Taking a Bit of a Break

Since getting the flu almost three weeks ago, I have been unable to really bounce back.  It has become a cold and settled into my chest.  Now, it has worsened and I had to cancel my open studio today.  I am in bed with my laptop and trying to keep the day from being a total loss.  I think I need a few days just to eat chicken soup, drink some hot tea and shake whatever this is that I have going on.  Our friend has told us that his doctor said all the nursing homes up here are emptied out, most of the residents needing hospital care and that this flu lingers for four weeks or more.  I can honestly say, I have never had a flu or cold that has knocked me down for so long.  I may move my painting into our spare bedroom tomorrow so that I can continue to work on it in a more comfortable setting.  Hopefully, I won't miss too many days of posting and progress on the Eledge portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment