Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bluebirds - first step


Here are the little bluebirds that I started, but are unfortunately not 1/6th scale. It is actually the same bluebird that I photographed in two different positions on the day of the February Blizzard. Poor little bird was really confused by the weather.
Anyway, this was day one. I did the drawing using some yellow ochre thinned to a watercolor consistency and then I laid in the basic colors. The background is a greyish pink that I put on then pounced with a dry watercolor brush to a soft smooth background color. I then lifted out the individual snowflakes. Painted in the basic colors of the birds and indicated the eyes and beaks. My next step will be to continue the birds til finished and then I will go back in and paint the snow and snowflakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment