Thursday, April 22, 2010

Portrait Society of America

This afternoon is the beginning of the 2010 Portrait Society of America National Conference in Reston Virginia. Of course I will be attending and I will be off line for a bit. I always look forward to attending and seeing the top artists in the world demonstrate and give seminars. There will be book signings and portfolio critiques. There is an exhibit hall for the manufacturers of your favorite art supplys. I try to buy my entire years worth of brushes at the exhibit hall. The top entries in the PSA Competition will be on view in an exhibit hall and the awards presentation to the winners will be during the Gala Banquet on Saturday night, which I will attend. Then on Sunday, there is a bus trip to the National Portrait Gallery in DC. This will be such an exciting event and I know I will come home exhausted. I am just hoping my old nemesis "Lupus" will not interfere with my enjoyment of the conference. I have booked a room at the hotel for Saturday night in an effort to not overdo it and actually get some rest.

So, until next week, Paint, Paint, Paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment