Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Working Among the Wildlife

On Monday while I was working on some raspberry studies, a smallish black bear came running past my gallery window on Main Street. Seems the young bear had come into town looking for bird feeders and then became frightened when he ran into some folks in town. Shortly thereafter, the animal control folks came by in pursuit. Later the same day, three families of Canada Geese came strolling down Main Street with about 16 young goslings following. I was so excited to tell all my city friends about the day when I was at The Art League yesterday.

Would you believe, I went out to my fishpond this morning with coffee cup in hand just before sunrise. I was surprised to find a water snake in the pond having a big helping of my largest goldfish. He came out of the pond as soon as the sun was up and warming the flagstones and he slithered into my yucca plants. I am sure he will return for another meal in a day or so. Until then, I have to figure out how to be rid of him. I also need to identify whether or not he is poisonous.

No comments:

Post a Comment