Thursday, May 29, 2014

New Art Underway

If you follow this blog, then you are familiar with my nextdoor neighbors, Mr. & Mrs. Hardhead.
I have posted photos of them while they were excavating the nesting cavity and eating at my feeders.   I have some excellent reference photos of babies, that my brother in law, Craig took for me at our old home in Marshall.  So I have combined three different shots to form this compositional drawing today.   I have applied gesso to illustration boards today also and as soon as they are dried and sanded, I will transfer this drawing and begin the painting.  I think I will name the kids, Knothead and Knucklehead.  Unfortunately for the Hardheads, a real severe storm hit here a week ago and the tree was snapped off right at nesting cavity level.  I now have to locate where they have moved to.

No comments:

Post a Comment