Thursday, May 19, 2016

Slow Art vs Fast Art

Here is another afternoons worth of progress on my eagles project.  As you can see, I take a lot of time when I do a drawing for a large piece of art.  Yes, I am slow and methodical.  And yes, I am going to charge a lot of money for the finished art.  I recently overheard an artist telling a prospective client that they work very fast, and can do several paintings a day.  This artist also told the client that they sell every thing they paint.  I was a bit put off by these comments....I wonder if Da Vinci  or Michelangelo would have been put off also?  I understand that they took years to complete some of their greatest artworks.  I do know this, for me, artmaking is enjoyable and I don't want the process to be fast, I want to savor it.  I want my art to be the very best that it can possibly be, even if I have to start it over several times to get it right.  I also, could care less if I sell every piece I paint, and I will not sell my artworks for ridiculously low prices, just to make a sale.  This is called Integrity. 

1 comment:

  1. Slow art vs. fast sales. No comparison! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete