Sunday, February 22, 2009

e-mail Advertising - YUKK!

Why do I always learn the hard way? I just spent a year of my life and around $300 to learn that it does no good to join an online portfolio. I joined one a year ago, for illustrators. I heard a sales pitch from the sales person about how every major firm in the world who is looking for an illustrator, uses their online portfolio service. I also was told to be proactive in my marketing outreach and updating my portfolio. Believe me, I was proactive. I read in Art Calendar an article by Molly Crabapple, that also suggested this was a very cost effective means of generating more income and commissions.

Guess what folks????? NOT A SINGLE INQUIREY OR RESPONSE came as a result.
If anyone else out there has had a similar experience, let me know. And if by chance some of you had a positive experience, I would like to hear that also.

I have had my website for over 7 years.....not one single sale as a result. Lets take a poll here.
How many of you artists out there in cyberspace have had a sale as a result of your website?
Lets all communicate and save each other some money!

No comments:

Post a Comment