Saturday, February 7, 2009

New Studio and Gallery

I am working feverishly to get my new studio and gallery up and running by March 1st. Obviously I am not getting much painting time in, but I have managed to paint and fire a few new pieces of china which I will sell through the gallery. Its not looking like I will have an entry this year at the Portrait Society of America annual conference in Reston. I had hoped to finish my Picasso and I portrait in time, but I think it is best not to rush it just so I can have a new entry for this years' competition. I will vow to finish it and two others to submit for next years competition.

Looking back over last years log of works completed, I can justify a bit of down time, since I completed 48 new pieces, 25 of them major works. 2009 promises to be better with my new space to help me focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment