Saturday, May 2, 2009

What I love to paint - More thoughts

I am still searching my soul, looking for that one thing that I love to paint.

We know how much I like to paint cats and dogs as evidenced by the numerous cat and dog studies and paintings I have stacked in my studio. Hopefully in August my show at the Ice House Gallery, "Raining Cats and Dogs" will result in a reduction of these recent pieces. Over and over again, well meaning friends and family have suggested that I should paint horses, foxes, and foxhounds, because of the area I live in. Very Big equestrian market here and foxhunting groups abound. But, I feel no real affinity to those subjects and one thing I do know......an artist should paint what they know or can see. I could not tell you the difference between a feltlock or a whither, so how could I possibly paint one expertly?

Off to work now, More thoughts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment