Wednesday, November 18, 2009

More wildlife and Christmas in Little Washington

Be sure to come out on Sunday, December 6, 2009 for Christmas in Little Washington. The event is from 10 am until 4 pm. There will be a parade that day along with other happenings in town. Check out www.thefirstwashington.com for more information.

Can you believe that at the exact spot where I hit Bambi a few weeks back, I came upon 12 to 15 young wild turkeys standing in the road just a couple days ago? They were crossing the road, some had started up the bank into the field, but were mainly just milling around like turkeys will do in the middle of the road. I had to honk my horn repeatedly to get them to move out of the road, all the while thinking that another car would pop up over the hilltop and slam into me and the silly birds.

Don't they know its Thanksgiving and they should be in the woods out of sight?

No comments:

Post a Comment