Here it is finally, another step in the goldfinch paintings. I have been dealing with some bad health problems and a recent death in our family. Maybe I can get back on schedule this week.
These two little paintings measure 2 1/2 inches tall by 3 inches wide. They are progressive layers of very thin oil paint. I have resolved the earlier problem with the sanding film....no more scratches are visible, and I have darkened the value of the backgroud. I think that looks much better. I have just finished putting in more details on the little birds and I worked on the greenery. I could not resist the little dot of reflected light in the eyes of the finches. Now I feel like I have made some progress.
Unfortunately, under the magnifing glass, I can see all sorts of bits and pieces of lint and dust getting into the painting and it is driving me mad. I will research this problem further. It is the same thing that drove me away from painting on porcelain years ago. I could not abide seeing all the miniascule dust and lint in my works. NO one else is going to see this, but it makes me crazy.