Saturday, January 30, 2010

Another Snow Day




We are having another snow day, here in Northern Fauquier county. After 28 years with the US Postal Service and their motto of "Neither Rain nor Sleet nor gloom of night will stay these couriers....blah, blah, blah.....I stay home when it snows. In 28 years, I managed to slide off the roads into ditches only 3 times. But that was 3 times too many for me. So today instead of working on my submission to the Portrait Society Competition this year, I will work on this little painting of lemons and grapes that I started this week. I started it here at the house studio. But I have had another death in my family, my mother in law Jean Nosner, and so I did not get much work done this week. I hope to also start another miniature on Ivorine this afternoon.
What you see here is a general blocked in idea. I was only trying to get the composition worked out with some general colors. Very rough at this point. Please don't judge me on this, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment