Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sara Poly Plein Air Classes



I used to think that I was a pretty darned good artist. After taking Sara Linda Poly's plein air classes, I now know otherwise. This is one of the class exercises she has had us to do and I am not at all happy with my feeble attempt you see here. Although she said I am doing good, I can only see yukk. I guess that I am so used to detail and my own style that it is very hard for me to loosen up and paint quickly. I have painted en plein air many, many times, but with my own approach. I will say this....the colors in the this little painting are approaching what I had hoped to evolve into.


I will frame this little study and hang it in my home studio as a way to humble myself when my ego starts to get out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment