Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Why I Paint

I received the letter below, from the owner of the yellow lab I had just finished a pastel for. This is the reason I paint. Yes the money I earn is nice and keeps the rent paid, but the real paycheck is the feeling I get when I deliver a piece of art and hear the following.


"Linda, Wanted to let you know that the picture arrived yesterday at my mom's house. I am so happy with how it turned out....it looks just like him! The woman at the framing store thought it was beautiful, too. She asked where I found the artist. I'm disappointed that it won't be framed in time for Christmas, but that's okay...it just makes Christmas last a little longer. And, I was too afraid not to put it in a frame right away....I didn't want to ruin it by rolling and unrolling it too often.


Thank you so much for your quick turn around and endless patience with all my questions. I am so pleased and can't wait to see it once it's framed!


Hope you have a Merry Christmas and your husband makes a speedy recovery from his surgery."

AC, Cleveland Ohio

1 comment: