Friday, July 29, 2011

Civil War Reenactor

I apologize for the duplicate image of this young reenactor. I am still trying to get the hang of my new laptop. Anyway, you will remember that a few posts back I had a great photo opportunity and got some incredible photos of some civil war reenactors. This little boy was there with his dad and he was so proud to tell me that he had actually fired his dad's musket and he was even more proud to tell me how his dad had taught him about gun safety and how to shoot the musket. When he climbed up onto the fence, I knew I had to do a painting of him one day. So here goes.....I started the drawing this afternoon, after working on another drawing of the same reenactores in a different scene. Before I show you that one, I need to make some adjustments to it.
Tip: When you think something is wrong with your drawing, photograph it and print it out. It's amazing the errors I find in my work when I do this. I already see two areas on this little boy, that I will change tomorrow.

Oh, it was 100 degrees again this morning when I arrived at the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment