Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Bad

OK, time does not exist for the artist. Well, this one anyway. Already a week and no post. Thus the Journal title, Monthly Masterpiece. So to catch up, I finally had a decent week at the gallery/studio. Started a floral painting based on a beautiful study I did recently. Worked hard on it and after three days work, I abandoned it. As Charlton Heston said, "When the wine is bad, through it out". That was a line from The Agony and The Ecstasy where he played Michelangelo. I restarted it on Sunday and now love it, love it, love it. I have been thinking and thinking and thinking, and drawing, drawing, drawing, illustration ideas since returning from the Illustration Master Class. Spent this morning starting an oil painting of water lilies and this afternoon researching my subject for my first illustration for my illustration portfolio. I am going to try the working method of Donato Giancola, which I saw him demonstrate at the IMC. I begin the drawing tomorrow. I received a commission to do a portrait in charcoal, posthumously. I start that tomorrow also. I even made my rent for this month. Not a bad weekend, eh? Now if this momentum will just keep going!
Oh and my plantar faciaitis is now almost totally healed. YEAH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment