Friday, May 4, 2012

Procrastination Pep Talk from Gregory Manchess

I just read a great blog post from Gregory Manchess at the Muddy Colors blog.  He gave some tips for overcoming procrastination for us artists.  As he points out, procrastination leads to paralysis.  I am the postergirl for this problem.  If I fail to adhere to a schedule, I find that I start procrastinating and then when I do finally get into the studio, I am paralyzed by fear.  I move papers around, fiddle with the computer and even decide to dust my studio(I haven't dusted my home in years, but now it seems imperative to dust a studio? What's that about?)
So, I finally got into the studio today and worked on the Viking painting.  I made real progress and will post a photo when it is a little more finished.  
You really should check out the Muddy Colors blog....another posting shows a cover of a new comic about Serenity.  I absolutely loved the tv series and movie Serenity.  The star, Nathan Fillion, aka Castle, is perfectly represented on the cover.  By the way, if I were 30 years younger, I would stalk Nathan Fillion.  He is my favorite male actor living or dead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment