Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Upcoming Workshop in Warrenton

Next Saturday, Sept.28th, I  will be teaching a workshop in pastels at the Studio Frame Shop in Warrenton Virginia.  This class will be creating a Dutch Master's Still Life in pastel.  Its a large undertaking, we are working on an 18 x 24 sheet of Canson paper.  I will have on hand, my copy from the National Gallery of Art, of  the painting Still Life with Mince Pie, by Willem Claezs Heda, which we will refer to throughout the day.  The class is full at this point and I try to keep the classes small so that each student gets more than their money's worth of one on one instruction.  My philosophy on workshops is......only take from an artist whose work you admire and only take a class where you know you will get some one on one instruction.  I have been in classes where you get an easel and a still life and then two days of painting without ever getting to really pick the brains of your instructor.  I am unfortunately one of those folks who needs to see first hand and then do it myself in order to grasp what is being taught.  I just can't read instructions and go forth or listen to a lecture and fully absorb.  And I really need to be able to ask questions while I work.   So, if you did not get into the workshop, take heart, I am teaching another workshop in October.  If you would like to be placed on the wait list in case of a cancellation, contact me at sha45rps@starpower.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment