Friday, March 13, 2015

Still Working on Hands

These two shots show you the before and after of my short session yesterday.  Mom has improved dramatically, but I am still visiting daily, so I am working in short sessions. 

I hope you can see from my poor photos, that I have worked on the shadow areas of the fingers on the bottom hand.  I have strengthened the shadows under the fingers on the chair arm, which makes the hand move forward in space and pushes back the chair arm.  I have worked on the coat sleeve and increased the depth in the area of his coat, leg and chair arm, where the three meet.  You may also be able to see that I adjusted the shape of his upper hand by simply creating a shadow beneath it that does not go all the way up to the edge of the hand.  I added a tiny drop of pink next to the pale blue highlight on the crystal in the ring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment