Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Gift-Comic Book Style


This is the Christmas Gift that I gave to my son this year. He has modeled for me many times and has always been a favorite subject for my brush and his father suggested that I do a painting of him as the Green Lantern for his Christmas Gift. My son is such a huge comic book collector and Green Lantern is a favorite of his. He also collects comic related collectables.
The painting is an 18" x 24" oil on Linen gallery wrap. I used a cover from one of his favorite comics and then inserted his head. I had no idea that I would enjoy doing this so much. I am pleased that I was able to do his likeness in a comic art style. My son was totally blown away with this gift. I had feared that he might think it goofy or a dumb idea. But as always, my husbands' ideas are a big hit.
The painting will be on loan to my gallery for a while and I am hoping to get a few commissions to do some similar works for folks. My son even has suggested that I send my portfolio to the comic houses or maybe even develop my own comic characters. HMMMMMMMM, sounds like a fun thing to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment