Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snowed In and Painting

It is near whiteout conditions outside and I am going nowhere today. I will post some pictures later on of the blizzard we are having.

I am actually going to attempt to paint a miniature painting today. I have procrastinated as long as I possibly can, but have no excuse today since I can't go out anywhere and I have all sorts of new equipment and supplies to work with. I suppose I am afraid of failure, which is why I have not attempted this sooner. I will post some step by step pictures shortly. By the way, I saw a fabulous free demo by Joan Willies at the Strathmore show put on by the Miniature Painters, Sculptors, and Gravers Society of Washington DC. I will attempt to do as Ms Willies instructed, which reminds me of working with porcelain painting techniques.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment