Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Further Progress on Re enactor Boy

I made lots of progress on the re enactor boy. Worked on blocking in the clothing and split rail fence. I have noticed that all my paints are drying very flat and dull to my eye. I am sure this is a result of not enough acrylic gel medium on top of the paper. My color pallet is usually very bright and I also have a very glossy finish on my art. I will rework the grassy areas as soon as they are dry enough that further work won't lift the colors as I apply the next layer. I build up my paintings very slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment