Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Name The Kitten

I need your help in nameing this little kitten! In my efforts to trap an adult orange tabby that has been hanging around, this tiny little kitten showed up in my HavAHeart trap two days ago. He appears to be 8 to 10 weeks old and was suffering from malnutrition. He already has gained and is filling out nicely. He was covered in seed ticks and filth. You can see here how pretty he is after a bath. We are fortunate to have volunteer vet services at our local SPCA shelter and when this little guy reaches two pounds in weight, they will neuter him and give him his shots for free or a small donation. The orange tabby missed his appointment this morning, he is too smart for the trap.


Now we need to name him. Since I have had so many pets in my life, I have run through every normal name, such as Mittens, Boots, Smokey, Precious and the like. Lately, I name my pets after artists. I own a Matisse and Picasso right now and once had turtles named Michaelangelo, Donatello and Raphael. Below are a few suggested names we are thinking about, Please vote for one of these names and give this little fellow a place in history. The names are Rubens, Monet and Rockwell (my favorite). My husband likes Rubens. I am saving the name Degas for my next dog. Oh, and if any of you folks wants this kitten, just shoot me an e-mail at sha45rps@starpower.net.


No comments:

Post a Comment