Thursday, September 16, 2010

Miniatures Show Judging

On September 14, the judging for the 2nd Annual Little Washington Miniatures Painting Exhibition took place at Western View Studio. Our esteemed judge this year was Nancy Still, owner of Mini Art Supply and board member of the Miniature Painters, Sculptors &Gravers Society of Washington DC. Good friend and fellow miniatures painter, Jeanne Mitchell assisted the judge and took notes. You only see a tiny portion of the artworks in this years show as the artworks were grouped by medium in five different rooms at my home and studio. It was a long but exciting day. I was not present for the judging, off busy in the kitchen preparing the judges' luncheon, but at the end of the day I was thrilled to see that the judge had picked most of my favorites. I suppose this means I have a good eye if not a trained hand.
I am now off to Chicago for a baby shower for my first grandchild. I will be out of touch for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment