Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Old Art or Wine Tasting????


While in Chicago, a day at the Art Museum was planned and my son, a very skilled artist, was going to accompany me. Unfortunately, the plans fell through, due to the moving company arriving and rain preventing a short loading time. So instead, I went on a walking tour of Geneva's shopping and arts district, while my son and daughter in law delt with the move back to Virginia.
Geneva is a suburb of Chicago and has an adorable old town shopping and arts district. My second stop was in a wine shop where I did a tasting of Illinois wines with these two adorable young men. They were kind enough to give me a downtown map and pointed out the galleries I should visit. I met some fantastic gallery owners that day, sampled wonderful wines and had a "Perfect Art Day".
Now I ask you, What would you rather see....500 year old art or 20-ish Illinois Hunks??????
"I may be old, but I am not dead yet"

No comments:

Post a Comment