Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Sea of Bears

QUESTION: What has four mouths and 16 feet? ANSWER: A momma bear and her three cubs.
Imagine my surprise this morning at around 6:00 am, as I walked out my backdoor and walked three feet over to my backporch steps and there at the bottom of the steps was a Momma Black Bear and her three cubs all eating my garbage. Now I know you are thinking, cute little cubs, but these guys were two year old cubs about the size of Rottweilers. They all looked up in surprise at me as I shrieked OMG and made a hasty retreat to the house. As I tried to shut the kitchen door, a cat toy got lodged between the door and doorjam (just like the Keystone Cops) and I could not get the door closed, all the while thinking that momma bears are very protective and will attack if they feel their cubs are in danger. I finally got the door shut in time for my sleepy husband to come to my aid, not knowing what in the world was going on. Ok, I know what you are thinking......the big bad snake lady is a sissy after all. No time for the camera today, but it is now charged and ready for action in case they come back in the morning for the other bag of trash. Poor husband.....what a mess to clean up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment