Thursday, October 6, 2011

Amazon Warrior Continues



I am working from my home studio this month, the gallery studio is tied up with the miniatures show. By the way, the show looks great....75 artists from all across America have submitted works and we sold four the night of the Private Collectors Preview.


I am please with the heavy doors and ironwork. May weather them a bit more as I progress through the painting. I am at the point of laying in a first layer (underpainting). Once all parts have this underpainting, I will move into the real detail and pump up the color work some. I like vivid color and rarely paint in dull or greyed down colors.


As I look at this image on the computer monitor, I realize I need to darken the value of the body shadow areas. Not enough value contrast so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment