Saturday, January 24, 2015

Portrait Sketch Continues

Honestly folks, it has been so cold up here that even with the woodstove and space heaters, I can't get the studio to a truly comfortable level.  So, I am working for two hours and then heading to the living room and a glass of wine to fortify my resolve.  Here is another two hour stretch at the easel.  So far, so good.  The likeness is coming and the sketch process gets me thinking about the rest of the process.  What size canvas, placement, palette -limited vs full on range of colors, and so on.  I am seeing a few things already that I have missed, just by putting my work on the computer.  Mental Note to Linda, change the left side of brow and temple......eyes look too far apart, but it is actually the temple throwing it off a bit.  OK, back to work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment