Friday, January 16, 2015

Stretching Canvas

Getting ready to begin the portrait of Rafael Eledge.  I stretched my canvas today, using an oil primed Linen canvas.  You have probably heard me say this before, but here goes again.  I LOVE THE SMELL OF OIL PRIMED LINEN.  If they were to bottle it and call it perfume, I would buy it.  I don't know why, but it's kinda the same feeling most folks have about the smell of Bacon. 
But back to business, oil primed linen is my favorite surface to work on and I use a portrait grade which is smooth.  Almost no tooth at all.  I have decided to use a 24 x 30 size so that I can incorporate a good deal of his body and hands in this portrait.  After reviewing the photos, I picked out several where he is relaxed and in a very natural position. 

No comments:

Post a Comment