Friday, May 21, 2010

Gardening Again


I can't believe that it has been three years since I had a veggie garden. My last garden was the summer I found out I had Lupus. At that point, I would work at anything for an hour and then need a two hour nap, my hair was falling out and I simply could not function like a normal 50 ish person. It was the last time that I did any canning and I had canned 40 quarts of tomatoes that year. Also I was exhausted all the time. Well, those tomatoes ran out this winter and I am putting in 18 or so tomatoe plants so I can stock up on my home canned tomatoes. I know this looks like a small plot, but I have 18 tomatoes, 16 various squash plants, 10 peppers, rouquet, swiss chard, beets, peas, basil, fennel and a few mystery plants......we did not label the row and I can't remember. I put in collards this morning. This is just half my normal garden. The other half out of the picture is filled with cut brush to be burned, but we did not get it burned before putting up the deer fence. Another fall task I suppose.
I feel really good today! I have worked in the garden an hour for the last three mornings and it has made such a difference in my mental and physical health. I know today will be a great day at the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment