Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Italian Fruit Basket

I call this painting my Italian Fruit Basket. It is almost finished. I started it on Sunday when I did not have a model. I have probably worked on it for a total of 9 hours. This is one of those paintings that seems to paint itself. I have two light sources on it which gives me a warm bright highlight on the left and a cool north light coming in on the right. Also, the lights are coming from above. I actually have this basket of fruit on the easel bar right beside the panel and the panel is 12 x 12. The fruits are painted their actual size. I will most likely spend another four hours on this painting.
I am thinking of not adding any vanitas symbolism to this painting. Well, maybe just one little honey bee. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment