Sunday, August 15, 2010

Orlean Fire Dept. Sign


We have some guys out here in the Free State with a real sense of humor. The fire department at Orlean is just 5 miles from my home. I don't usually drive this way, but I pass by to and from the gallery if I take the scenic route. This was their safety message yesterday evening. A few weeks back I passed by and the sign said, Drive Carefully Watch for Bears, or so I thought. I did not have my camera and when I went back by two days later with my camera, the sign said Watch for Bikes. Well, Bikes are no big deal out here. We have regular routes the hard core bikers in training use all the time as well as the guys who do the crotch rocket runs. It can get a bit annoying following bikers who refuse to share the road, ride four abreast and then are stupid enough to wave you around them on a blind curve or double yellow line. Both of which are dangerous and illegal. The crotch rockets are the guys who will pass me on a double yellow or on a blind curve and I cringe at what I might see happen to them. Oh well, you can't legislate good sense.
If you are in the area, be sure to check out the Orlean Fire Dept. sign. I can't wait to see what the next message will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment