Thursday, December 15, 2011

Composition Changes & Overlapping



Well, Minerva has gone through a major change. Rodin's The Thinker has now been moved to be behind Minerva and I inserted an easel on the left of the picture. I was watching TV last night after dinner and looked over to the fireplace where I will place works in progress for evaluation purposes. The first thing I noticed was how static the composition was, every thing disjointed and set apart. Overlap, was the one word I heard over and over at the IMC. We were told to always have our figures overlap one another. Now, by placing the sculpture behind Minerva and making him a few values darker, he has added importance to her. I will darken the easel and painting just a bit so Minerva is where your eye wants to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment