Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Stretching Canvas

OK, I have my concept drawing, which will probably change as I get further into this painting. Someone once said, and I can't remember who it was or the exact phrase, but the essence was this, "Painting is a series of mistakes and problems you must correct or solve, until there are no more faults with your work" I have never really finished a painting I guess, I always see something else that needs adjusting.

So, I went to my stash of canvas on rolls for stretching and OMG, just like Mother Hubbard, my cupboard was bare. Actually, there are two rolls of canvas scraps behind the studio door. Stuff suitable for 8 x 10 or smaller paintings. MENTAL NOTE, REORDER WHEN YOU NOTICE YOU ARE LOW!
So, on the phone I ordered a 10 yard roll of Oil Primed Linen. It should arrive in 8 days. Until then, I am forced with completing several other projects that I should have completed months ago. Remember the Amazon.......I will work on that until my linen arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment