Monday, December 12, 2011

Concept for Minerva









Here is my favorite photo of Rose, posed as Minerva and the concept drawing I did based on this photo. I eliminated the easel in favor of a palette leaning against the sculpture of The Thinker, by Rodin. My original idea was for her to be standing beside the sculpture with her chisel and hammer in hand, chipping away at the sculpture. But, once I saw this pose, that idea was thrown out. I have slightly shaded the background objects to remind me later that Rose is the focus and the other objects must become a part of the dark background. I just love her wistful look. If you like this costume, you will be surprised to know it was just a large piece of blue cloth wrapped and safety pinned in strategic spots over a bedsheet shift I created for Persephone. I think I will add "Master Costumer" to my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment