Saturday, June 30, 2012

Another Stray Finds Western View Studio

If you live in the country at a crossroads, you are most likely going to end up with unscrupulous petowners dropping off their unwanted pets at that crossroads.  And if your name is Lawler, they always find their way to your back porch.  This is our latest arrival.  He showed up at my back door about a week and a half ago, half starved and filthy.  He wandered about our yard and porch, just mewing and crying out in desperation and bewilderment.  He was definitely missing his home and food dish. 
He is a loveable kitty.  Wants to have his belly rubbed or sit in your lap constantly.  Ferals don't behave that way, pets DO!  I have put up posters and called the SPCA.  No one is looking for him.  SPCA Spay/Neuter Clinic will neuter him and give him a free Rabies shot if he is feral, but they also require I let them clip off a corner from his ear, to mark him as feral.  We did this with Conan, but I knew that Conan would always be feral and although he tolerates me petting him occasionally, he will not allow us to hold him or bring him indoors.  I just can't bring myself to allow this PET to have his ear clipped.  I know he will make someone a wonderful pet.  SO, HERE IS MY OFFER.  If you adopt him, I will pay for the neutering and rabies vaccine.  Please spread the word.......Cats can NOT survive on their own in the wild.  They WILL starve.  If you know of anyone who wants a really sweet cat, give me a call or e-mail me at sha45rps@starpower.net.  I now have one cat of my own and 8 strays who have wandered in.  I am at my limit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment