Monday, February 2, 2015

Git Er Done

Back to work with fresh eyes today, I immediately began laying in the shirt and jacket.  I can't stand that blank canvas showing.  Its really got to go, so lets Git Er Done.  Used Titanium White and Cobalt Blue with touches of Alizarin Crimson and some Ivory Black in the shirt.  Ivory Black, Alizarin Crimson and French Ultramarine for the jacket.  As I worked on the shoulder of the jacket, I mixed some background color to scumble onto the background at the edges where the jacket and hair meet the background.  I then took a soft brush, I like a watercolor or oil sable brush, to softly blend the two edges together to create some lost edges.  I will do this throughout the painting as I come to areas that should recede. 
I am forcing myself to not touch the face today.....I am trying to not let myself nitpic the details too soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment