Monday, July 19, 2010

Great Falls at the half way mark

The Great Falls painting is now at the halfway mark and the clients visited the gallery on Saturday to take a look and give me feedback. They were pleased with the painting and only had one minor change to be made. The waters were a bit too muddy and green for their taste and they asked that I make parts of the waters a little bluer. I wholeheartedly agree. I have no problem making reasonable changes to my art, if it will please the client and not harm the integrity of the painting. I may have gone a bit too green and muddy, since I rely on photos and field sketches and I also tend to gravitate towards warm and earth tone colors. I worked on that yesterday and I will take some pictures today for this blog. As always, I forgot my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment