Thursday, July 8, 2010

Quilt Commission - New Start

If you have ever seen the movie The Agony and The Ecstasy, you will understand. At one point in the movie, Michealangelo says, "When the wine is bad, throw it out." He is refering to his work on the Sistine Chapel ceiling which he is very dissatisfied with. And so he tears down all the plaster murals he has already done and starts fresh.

My progress with the quilt commission was not to my liking or the clients wishes. We both agreed it was best if I started it again. I was really having a hard time with the background and the client wanted more quilt and less everything else. On my easel I have stenciled the motto "Is this my Best?" I only want my best work to be seen and if I must throw out the bad wine, then so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment