Sunday, February 19, 2012

IMC-Illustration Master Class

Just got my receipt (for Uncle Sam and IRS) for my tuition at the Illustration Master Class coming up in June. I am very excited and already thinking how I will shine like a star this year. Not that anyone will notice my work when there will be about 100 other super nova stars in the class rooms. Last year I went not knowing what to expect. Also, my right foot had a really bad plantar faciaitis thing going on. I limped around everywhere, I was a total wallflower and made few friends, I got no rest at all, and good old Lupus reared it's ugly head.
This year I have a plan. I WILL BE HEALTHY! I WILL USE MY TIME THERE BETTER! I WILL PAINT LIKE DAVINCI! I WILL NOT BE A SHY WALLFLOWER! This is absolutely the best class I have ever taken and I have taken a bunch. A full week of non stop instruction by the best in the illustration world. OH and just because they are illustrators, don't think they can't paint fine art. Just Google, Rebecca Guay, Greg Manchess, Donato Giancola, Dan Dos Santos, Ian McCaig. These guys can hold their own with Rockwell, Davinci and Michaelangelo. But the best part is, I get to paint, paint, paint and get critiques from all the instructors. Good Solid Advice and Instruction.
Ain't I Lucky?

2 comments:

  1. I am so envious, Linda. This will be the first time I miss IMC so I can't complain. But...I will feel it's absence from my life this year. I know you will achieve your goals with that kind of attitude. Go forth and SHINE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really hoping to see you there this year and make a connection between the fabulous art you do and a face. I only really remember a few folks I saw everyday in my classroom and can't remember if we met or not. I will look for you next year. PS, I was envious of your mentorship this year. I will set my sights on that in the future.

    ReplyDelete